- Experience Experienced
Senior Quantity Surveyor – Central London – M&E Projects – Residential Projects Mainly
My client is a privately-owned company specializing in Mechanical, Electrical and Protective Services Projects with an annual Turnover in excess of £70 million.
They are very committed to their existing client base that consists of high Blue-Chip Companies/main contractors.
The appointed candidate will implement a detailed, concise and fully integrated Project Valuation Programme, monitor and report contract performance and deviations
- Responsible for the handling of procurement of technical packages and to be present for the selection and/or approval of said packages
- Obtain competitive quotes on subcontractor packages and to be involved in subcontractor selection and/or approval
- Prepare and monitor all supporting documentation for extension of time and loss in expense claims in line with the contract documentation
- Manage feasibility studies to estimate materials, time and labour costs engaging all team members from the project launch to ensure that the best solution is obtained
- Single point of contact to fully understand project’s commercial needs, evaluating different options to fulfil them, and propose the best solutions in a reasonable, professional way
- Manage cost throughout the project stages, through to financial close and during construction, assisting when required with regard to cost evaluation, procurement and variation advice
- Monitor project variations and project claims and compile all supporting documents, ensuring all the relevant project files are updated for review by the company’s Commercial Manager
- Remain the single point of accountability for reporting weekly and monthly commercial reports to the Commercial Manager and Finance Director
|SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED|
- Degree in Quantity Surveying/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years professional experience, preferably within the residential M&E sector
- Must be able to review technical drawings for variations, valuations and take offs
- Previous experience working on commercial/residential projects
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, good working attitude and a high level of professionalism
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically in MS Excel
An easy way to apply for this job. Use the following social media.