- Experience Experienced
We are currently looking for a Senior Cost Manager to fill a permanent opening with our client located in the City Centre of Edinburgh. Interested candidates will have the opportunity to work across a variety of projects in both the public and private sectors.
Responsibilities of the Senior Cost Manager:
- Leading a cost management team, ensuring the delivery on all of the KPI’s
- Conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- Managing the procurement process, ensuring that all stages including pre-qualification, enquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation are performed effectively
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively
- Ensuring that cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed.
- Managing estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan.
- Value engineering and life cycle costing
- Taking a lead role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
Requirements of the Senior Cost Manager:
- Degree Qualified
- Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- At least 5 years experience with provable technical delivery experience
- Significant exposure to, and good working relations with, private and public sector clients
- Have experience of solely managing projects of up to £5M and up to £30M as part of a team