- Experience Experienced
Project Quantity Surveyor
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 5LB
Salary : £40-50k/Annum
Contact Person: Narendra
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Land Line: +44 020 8158 8802
If you’re a QS with consultancy experience who is struggling to get your employer to support you working towards your chartership then I have the opportunity you’re looking for.
We’re working with an established consultancy who are seeking a Project QS for a number of projects mainly within the residential sector.
You will ideally be chartered or working towards your chartership, however, not a stringent requirement as there is a structured APC training program in place.
You will be expected to act as EA and Cost Consultant mainly on new build projects within the residential, commercial and education sectors.
You will be expected to;
· Preparing Cost estimates and Cost plans using CostX
· Drafting Employer’s Requirements/Preliminary/Tender Documents – Including PQQ’s and shortlisting contractors (including interviews)
· The preparation of tender enquiry documentation and contract documentation of all types, including the negotiation of tenders and contract terms, as and when appropriate. Analysing tenders and preparing Tender reports for Clients.
· Valuations – Carrying out on site valuations with the main contractor and issuing recommendation for payment to Contract Administrator/Employers Agent.
Contract Administration / Employers Agent
· Instructing Architects, Solicitors and other consultants.
· Arranging for site surveys, ground investigations and utilities enquiries to be undertaken – Where acting in the role of Employers Agent.
· Managing the acquiring of planning permissions and the acquisition of sites.
You will have;
· Worked in an post grad EA, QS or Cost Consultant role for at least 4 years
· Experience working on construction projects within the residential, commercial or education sector(s)
· Consultancy experience