- Experience Experienced
Purpose of the Role:
- Ensure cost control is maintained on a project call off basis throughout all functions (procurement, delivery, design etc.)
- Provide contractual advice to project and operational personnel. Inform the appropriate management of project contractual issues and points of dispute and resolution. Ensure project personnel understand the application issues of the contractual conditions.
- Accountable for the management, collation, interpretation and analysis of project commercial records.
- Accountable for the Preparation, review and monitoring against the Project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) in line with project requirements and the ELF and CVR Procedures. Ensure that the process is effectively managed and delivered.
- Identification of risks and opportunities to project spend/budgets.
- Manage and procure project subcontract packages, including compensation events, measurements and valuations.
- Accountable for ensuring that all Early Warning Notifications, Notifications of Compensation Events, Quotations, etc. produced to the required standards and submitted in accordance with contractual time scales
- Manage the compliance and suitability surrounding processes and procedures on a project basis.
- Support and champion the delivery of Wood values and associated KPI’s.
- To work within established Wood policies and procedures
- Promote Wood values and standards and exhibit appropriate behaviour in accordance with Company ethos
- Continue to develop and monitor appropriate systems, processes and procedures in respect of meeting the requirements of specific contracts
- Ensure that the commercial mechanisms are established and maintained.
- Ensure that, as a team, we work towards zero safety related accidents and incidents
- Provision of monthly reports. Maintain satisfaction and confidence with regard to the reported data and corresponding format
- Monitor compliance with corporate governance and the Project / Framework or client processes and procedures
- Maintenance of insurance declarations and the management of claims processing. Ensure that client and our insurers are not exposed to undue risk
Skills / Qualifications:
- Demonstrable working experience in commercial roles in the UK engineering and construction industry
- University Degree qualified or above in Quantity Surveying, Law, Business Studies or other appropriate discipline.
- Experience and detailed working knowledge of NEC3 Options A, B and C is essential.
- Membership of a professional institution (eg RICS) desirable but not absolutely essential
- Being local to site would be a distinct advantage and must have Proof of Right to Work in the UK