- Experience Experienced
- Include, but not limited to the following:
- Utilise Jacobs best practice tools and processes to support project delivery in Quantity Surveying.
- Manage projects through the entire project lifecycle.
- Prepare estimates, cost plans and tender documentation using various forms of measurement and contracts.
- Be proficient in measurement for Schedule of Works and Bills of Quantities production.
- Manage and prepare both tender and contract commercial documentation.
- Support and input into procurement and tendering process and evaluation/award of contractors.
- Prepare and agree interim valuations with contractors and issue recommendations for payment.
- Pricing variations/compensation events throughout the duration of the contract and provide cost advice.
- Attend site meetings, and provide input and support to the project.
- Price and prepare monthly financial cost reports and cashflow forecasts throughout the period of a contract and provide general post contract cost management and control.
- Agree re-measurement of quantities with contractors and prepare and agree final accounts and claims. Prepare final accounts for clients that are suitable for audit.
- Preparation and analysis of statistical cost information to monitor trends in the Building Industry and assisting with cost planning future projects.
- Administer and/or provide advice on contracts, typically the JCT and NEC forms of contract.
- Degree educated in Quantity Surveying or other relevant qualification.
- Professional Qualification: Preferable if Chartered Quantity Surveyor (RICS Qualified MRICS or equivalent).
- Working knowledge of applicable industry standard forms of contract, typically JCT and NEC.
- Full pre and post contract QS knowledge and experience.
- Good general commercial and contract awareness.
- Use of computerised measurement packages – such as CostX.
- Good team player.
- Able to act on own initiative.
- Willingness to travel.
- Full clean UK driving licence.
- Experience across public sector buildings (including refurbishment) and infrastructure projects would be desirable, but not essential.
- Experience of working within security restricted environments would also be desirable, but not essential.
OR apply with
An easy way to apply for this job. Use the following social media.