- Experience Experienced
- Ensure application for payments are dispatched, agreed and paid on time. Providing cash flow forecasts for all Projects.
- Review Sub Contract for your Project(s) and have a good understanding of our obligations.
- Manage correspondence including the timely pricing and agreement of variations, effective handling of contra charges, and early settlement of disputes / claims. Ensure records are kept up to date, filed correctly and referenced against instructions and delays, to enable prompt claim management. Compile cause and effect programme throughout project to demonstrate effect of delays on installation programme. Reference with relevant correspondence, and firm up delay periods. Ensure Client advised of delay periods.
- Present detailed cost information on plant, materials and labour in reports, and spreadsheet for internal and external use. Provide accurate cost forecasting information.
- Manage Cost Forecast Process for projects. Prompt investigation and resolution of any cost discrepancies.
- Updating SAP with milestones, cost and payment information, and closing Projects
- Preparation and negotiation of final accounts and statements
- Arrange off-site material visits and payment.
- Management of subcontractors including the assessment and selection, placing orders and financial control of work undertaken. Ensure any cost and programme impacts notified to subcontractor promptly.
- Ensure that up to date project files are maintained
- Attendance at internal and external meetings. Visit site on a regular basis to ensure up to date with progress and any issues.
- Continuous liaison with installation project supervisors
- Monitoring of costs to ensure that the budget isn’t exceeded, and that cost savings are achieved.
- Preparation and negotiation of claims. Prompt notification to Client of delays, costs and notices. Agree programme and cost impacts promptly as they occur and not left to Final Account stage.
- Assist Commercial Manager with other tasks if and when required
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Ideal candidate should have a degree in quantity surveying or achieved or working towards the RICS parts 1 & 2 exemptions
- They should ideally have previous experience in similar role within the construction industry, and can demonstrate successful commercial and financial management of a number of contracts.
- Well organised with ability to meet challenging deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and able to work as part of a team
Good written and spoken English
Benefits: 25 Days Holiday, Company Pension Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, PDI, Life Assurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Private Medical Insurance, Company Car/Travel Allowance, Bonus.