- Experience Experienced
My client is a High-end residential contractor based in Worthing. A lot of the work they do is refurbishment projects, with some new build elements involved. A lot of their clients are within a 50 mile radius.
As Intermediate Quantity Surveyor, you will be offered first class training and supervision from experienced Commercial professionals. You will be predominantly focusing your efforts on assisting with multi million pound high end residential refurbishments, learning your trade and eventually working towards managing your own projects or phases.
- To assist Senior Q.S. with the tender process and preparation for the Tender Analysis Meeting (TAM).
- Assisting Senior Q.S in identifying & analysing project &commercial risks.
- Requesting, comparing and analysing sub-contractor quotes.
- Assisting Senior Q.S in preparing and analysing labour &material costings for tender.
- Assisting Senior Q.S. in preparing timeline & cash flow forecast.
- Liaise with the Senior Q.S & EHS Manager regarding prelims and H&S prior to the TAM.
- Price all prelims and management costs with the assistance of the Senior Q.S.
- Analysis and review all provisional and p.c. sums.
- Assist Senior Q.S in preparing tender and all contract documents including bill of quantities for TAM.
- Attend TAM with Senior Q.S. & Commercial Manager when required.
- Assist Senior Q.S in preparing the final tender pack for presentation to the Managing Director in the Pre-Tender Submission Meeting.
Estimating to Projects Handover Responsibilities
- Assist the Senior Q.S in preparing the plans, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation for Project Manager.
- Assisting with the allocating of work to subcontractors.
- Submitting purchaseorders to sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Assisting Senior Q.S in identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks.
- Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use.
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
- Providing administration support for the Senior Q.S.
- Other related tasks as required.
Live Projects Responsibilities:
- Assisting the Senior Q.S. &projects team with the costings of large variations on live projects.
- Assisting the projects team with the costings of minor variations on live projects.
- Liaising with Sub-contractors regarding variations on live projects.
- Issuing E.W.N (early warning notice) & C.E’s (compensation events) as instructed by the Senior Q.S.
- Managing C.C.Fs and reporting to Senior Q.S.
- Visiting site’s on a fortnightly basis to help forge relationships with the site management and to assist with the identification of variations.
- Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports.
An easy way to apply for this job. Use the following social media.