- Experience Experienced
This is an exciting time to join our client, a small family owned organisation. Due to internal promotion an opportunity has come up for candidates who are looking to progress within an organisation with the support and development of the Commercial Director and Managing Director. To be suitable for this vacancy you will hold a either a HND in Building, Degree in Quantity Surveying or Construction Management, you may also be a member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) In this position you will be responsible for the pricing of incoming tenders and the valuing/invoicing of live ground-works and civil engineering projects.
Location: Newmarket, Suffolk
Hours: 07:30am – 17:00pm Monday – Friday
Salary: £25,000 – £28,500 (with reviews upon performance)
Benefits: Company pension scheme, Private medical insurance following six months service, 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays & opportunity for career progression as company expands
You will ideally be recently graduated within the last 2 years and hold some experience within on the job training and now looking to further your experience within the Civil Engineering and Ground-works industry. The role will come with further training and development as your skill set grows over time.
Duties will include:
• Taking/logging enquiries and liaising with clients.
• Taking-off quantities from drawings and creating a bill of quantities to price and form part of a tender.
• Price bills of quantities provided by main contractors.
• Carry out pre-tender site visits.
• Produce valuations and final accounts for live projects from on-site measure, meeting with clients to agree these as required.
• Obtain supplier and subcontractor quotations and analyse.
• Track changes to design and log variations as necessary.
• Liaise, place orders and agree valuations/final accounts with subcontractors.
• Cost/progress reporting for projects to Commercial Director.
Skills and Experience required:
• A ground-works/civil engineering/construction background is essential and additional general building experience would be favourable.
• Valid UK driving licence.
• Basic computer skills and confident with Microsoft Excel & Word.
• Punctual, dedicated, team player, enthusiastic and willing to learn.
An easy way to apply for this job. Use the following social media.