- Experience Experienced
Experienced Quantity Surveyor sought by leading project developer pioneering the delivery of fast power response assets in the UK. The successful Quantity Surveyor will support project delivery, taking responsibility from the project development team, supporting the closure of contracts and managing them through construction and handover to operations.
The project in question is a 100mw Peaking Plant. This will involve the installation of reciprocating engines. The ideal Quantity Surveyor will be comfortable overseeing risk and value management whilst driving the performance of sub-contractors and managing quality. A background in Power Generation, Transmission and Distribution or broader M&E would be suitable.
Freelance Quantity Surveyor key requirements;
- Experience with NEC3 / 4 and JCT forms of contract
- M&E background / experience
- Civils / building works experience
- Experience as a recognised QS with strong commercial awareness and focus on profit
- Range of roles and responsibilities including:
- Subcontractor and supplier procurement
- Management of subcontractors inc. applications / payments, variations through to Final Account
- Contract administration
- Monthly cost reports
- Identify and minimise risk and costs
- Generally provide commercial support as directed and/or required
- Promote and maintain professional working relationships
An easy way to apply for this job. Use the following social media.