- Experience Experienced
our client is recruiting for Cost Engineers who will be assigned to a commodity group, reporting in to the Purchasing Manager. This is an exciting opening to join an exclusive automotive environment. our client is a commercially driven environment, with particular emphasis on supplier analysis and effective negotiation. You will be working with a highly skilled and motivated team that is keen on developing best practice purchasing techniques and supply chain philosophies.
- You will be responsible for the effective cost analysis and estimation of new Model and series production components across a range of highly innovative products for multiple vehicle applications.
- Working closely with buyers, engineers and suppliers setting targets for Piece Cost and Investment from the drawing and specification detail.
- Developing tools for the cost estimation process supporting the evolution and continuous improvement in speed and accuracy.
- Setting accurate, aggressive and achievable Piece Cost and Investment targets with logic and clear format for the Purchasing function to achieve the overall business objectives.
- Carry out analysis of supplier cost structures to ensure consistency across the commodity groups.
- Support the sourcing team in strategic planning ensuring continuity across multiple function groups.
- Support the development of an information databank which will be utilised in the estimating and target setting processes.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders within the program team and provide full supply chain support for any identified project activities / requirements.
- Report status and project metrics to Purchasing Manager and Senior Management Supporting and fostering a cross-functional approach to achieve your objectives.
- Engaging with Engineering so that you are seen as a key decision-maker and able to exert influence.
- Act as a mentor to new / developing staff.
- Develop training and development plans for team members.
Knowledge, skills & experience:
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Procurement experience within the automotive industry is preferred
- Engineering background and/ knowledge of low volume manufacturing techniques
- Proven commercial success in similar roles / Strong negotiator
- Tool making processes – Die Jig + Fixture would be advantageous
- Strong communicator / influencer
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Strong Financial and Commercial awareness
- Computer literate (MS Office)
- Experience in supplier management techniques
- Personal attributes:
- Effectively influence in a dynamic organisation
- Capable of working independently and being accountable for results
- Results driven
- Enthusiastic and with a high level of self-motivation to circumnavigate obstacles
- Keen attention to accuracy and detail
- Excellent written and presentational skills
- Ability to lead negotiations or support teams in the development of negotiations strategies for large and complex projects
We offer a range of benefits and discounts with our partner organisations, below is just a few of the incentives of working for McLaren.
- Salary: Competitive.
- A structured Career Development Framework to support your development.
- 25 days annual leave plus public holidays.
- Provision of a regular shuttle bus to and from Woking station at key commuting times.
- On-site subsidised restaurant.
- Life assurance to the value of 4 times base salary (statutory cap applies).
- Eligibility to participate in our preferential lease car scheme.
- Eligibility for company funded individual private healthcare; this also comes with the opportunity to extend to partner or spouse and/or dependents at a discounted rate.
- Auto enrolment on to the company’s pension scheme.
- Enhanced company maternity, paternity or adoption leave and pay.
- Group activities forum which organise a range of activities from sporting competitions to museum visits and family events.
- Travel incentives such as Ride to Work scheme and Season Ticket Loans.
- Break out refreshment areas and a coffee bar with wi-fi facilities.
- The opportunity to become a member of the on-site McLaren Fitness and Wellbeing Centre.
- Qualifying period applies
OR apply with
An easy way to apply for this job. Use the following social media.